9 Ways That Verifications are Critical for Caregivers
December 12, 2018
Whether you’re running a daycare, in-home senior care, or assisted living services, administrators of caregiver-based businesses are responsible for ensuring that everything runs smoothly.
From managing fees and keeping service records, to communicating with staff, creating their work schedules, and purchasing equipment – all while ensuring compliance with the latest healthcare and government regulations – an administrator’s daily workload is exhaustive and imperative to the delivery of proper care.
At smaller companies, administrators are also often tasked with hiring new employees to support a growing network of care recipients, whether it’s children, seniors, or disabled individuals. This can prove difficult in an industry where employee turnover and expectations from care recipients and their loved ones are notoriously high.
Most caregivers are required to have certain licenses (e.g. First Aid, CPR, driver’s license, sex offender and criminal background checks, etc.), and those who work with seniors or disabled individuals may also be required to have some other medical credential, like a nursing degree.
Because caregiving jobs require so much personal interaction, it’s also important to hire employees who are responsible and trustworthy, can best represent the company, and have great people skills. That’s a tall order!
Automated verifications and background checks can eliminate the hiring frustrations that plague administrators, operations, and HR managers of caregiving facilities––here are 9 reasons why:
- Reliable, qualified employees: Caregiving providers have a responsibility to hire the best and most reliable staff, and it’s helpful to know, with confidence, that the person you’re hiring is who they say they are, that they are insurable in case of an accident, and that they have the right credentials and/or licenses to perform the job.
- Safety and satisfaction: Identity, insurance, MVR, CNA or CMA licenses, and credential verifications – in tandem with background checks – are key to ensuring the safety of care recipients, and the satisfaction of their loved ones who are responsible for coordinating their care.
- Customer retention: If a care recipient’s family members are even a little bit concerned about the staff’s ability to care for their loved one, they will find another provider, and there are many to choose from.
- Regulatory compliance: Automating verifications and background checks makes it easier for administrators to onboard reliable workers quickly so they can accommodate more care recipients and meet any state requirements for patient/child coverage.
- Easy onboarding: In a world where caregivers are sadly under-appreciated, it helps to make their lives a little easier when they’re starting a new job. A quick and painless hiring experience makes a great first impression and can set the tone for a positive working experience.
- Referral marketing: Hiring the best employees is great for word-of-mouth referrals––the best form of marketing available today.
- Lower insurance costs: Verifying MVRs can help caregiving companies identify new hires with good driving records, which can help lower insurance costs, and, while CPR and First Aid training isn’t a requirement for caregiving in most states, verifying certifications may reduce liability coverage fees.
- Meet growing demand: Caregiver turnover rates are high, and providers need to hire new employees at a much faster rate to keep up with the demand.
- Save time and money: For small and medium-sized caregiving businesses, verification and background check automation is like having your very own operations and human resources departments to do the heavy lifting of selecting and onboarding new hires.
Evident’s unique platform automates both verification and background checks, and aggregates the results in an easy-to-use dashboard, enabling you to track the candidate review process from start to finish, and only pay for the verifications you need.
Our software continues to support your business even after you’ve hired a new employee, allowing you to stay informed of any changes in their licensing, credentials, MVRs, insurance, or background checks.
Is Evident Right for You?
Evident’s Identity Assurance Platform leverages intelligent automation and hundreds of authoritative data sources to provide the most accurate and up-to-date background checks and verification results. If you’re looking for ways to reduce your costs, save you time while confidently hiring the most qualified workers, Evident is the platform to make that possible. Request a demo.
Ready to start running verification in minutes? Sign up today.