December 6, 2018
7 Reasons Why Home Service Companies Should Verify New Employees
In the home services industry, reputation is everything.
Customer demand for home service specialists remains high, while the number of licensed professionals continues to decline. It’s getting harder for businesses to find good employees and, because word-of-mouth referrals are the primary drivers of new business, it’s now more important than ever to hire the most qualified and reliable workers to provide top-notch service.
Home service businesses need a better and faster way to onboard the right people. While background checks are considered standard practice, credential verification is equally vital to hiring electricians, HVAC technicians, plumbers, and other licensed professionals who they can confidently insure and allow to represent their brand.
Hiring dependable employees isn’t just good for business, it can also have a positive impact on customer confidence and repeat business, which is critical to the bottom line.
Here are 7 reasons why using identity, insurance, and credential verification – in tandem with background checks – should become standard practice for home service businesses:
- Competent, qualified workers: It’s helpful to know, with confidence, that the person you’re hiring is who they say they are, that they are insured in case of an accident, and that they have the right credentials to perform a specific task that requires a specific set of skills.
- Customer confidence: Your customers need to be comfortable and, above all, safe with your staff coming into their homes. Hiring the right employees is key to building a trust-based relationship with your customers, which is a big part of their overall satisfaction with your services.
- Customer retention: Customers also want to know that their homes are in good hands with professionals who know what they’re doing––another reason why verifying both insurance and licenses or credentials is imperative. If your employees can deliver confidence, safety, and professionalism, you’ll have customers for life.
- More business opportunities: In the event that your business is contracted to build (or renovate) a commercial or residential property, general contractors are more likely to partner with companies that hire qualified and reliable employees.
- Save time: Building verification and background checks into a single seamless onboarding experience reduces the amount of time you spend manually reviewing candidates, making it easier for you to hire new employees faster and stay ahead of the competition.
- Market differentiation: Hiring reliable, qualified, and insured employees can help to differentiate you from competitors, and is essential to building brand reputation.
- Regulatory compliance: Identity, insurance, and credential verification can support your organization’s compliance with state laws and other requirements.
Evident’s unique platform automates both verification and background checks, and aggregates the results in an easy-to-use dashboard, enabling you to track the candidate review process from start to finish, and only pay for the verifications you need.
Our software also continues to support your business even after you’ve hired a new employee, allowing you to stay informed of any changes in their licensing, credentials, MVRs, insurance, or background checks.
Is Evident Right for You?
Evident’s Identity Assurance Platform leverages intelligent automation and hundreds of authoritative data sources to provide the most accurate and up-to-date background checks and verification results. If you’re looking for ways to reduce your costs, save you time while confidently hiring the most qualified workers, Evident is the platform to make that possible. Request a demo.
Ready to start running verification in minutes? Sign up today.