Date Last Revised: January 7, 2017
Evident offers you a secure platform to share your personal information with others (“Relying Parties”). Relying Parties will request that you share your personal information through the Services when you conduct a transaction with them (e.g., registering for access to their website). To enable our Services, we collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You
To use our Services, we require you to register by providing your name and contact information. You ,may, but are not required, provide additional information, such as your date of birth; Social Security Number; driver’s license information; additional contact information, such as your address, email address and phone number(s); financial account information; health records; information on licenses or certifications you may hold; and any other information you may provide. If you make a purchase through the Services, we will also request payment information (e.g., credit card information and billing addresses).
Information that We Collect About You from Third Party Sources
We collect additional information about you from third party sources including Relying Parties. For example, a Relying Party using our Services may provide us with your name and contact information so you can join the Services. We verify the information you provide us so that the Relying Party can have confidence in the accuracy of the information. To do so, we collect information about you from third party sources (e.g., we will verify professional certifications that you hold with the issuing entity).
We also collect, with your consent and in accordance with applicable laws, consumer reports about you, such as background checks if the Relying Party requires such information.
Information that We Collect About You from Social Networking Sites
You may log into our Services through your social networking accounts, including Facebook and Google. If you do this, we obtain information from these sites as follows:
• Google. If you log into our Services using your Google account, you must enter your Google email address and password. We will collect your email address, profile information and photo if you login to our Services using Google.
• Facebook. If you log into our Services using Facebook, you must enter your Facebook email address or phone number, and password. We will ask that you grant us permission to access and collect your Facebook public profile information (this includes your name, profile picture, and any other information you have set to public on your Facebook account) and email address.
We securely store the information that we receive from Facebook and Google with other information that we collect from you or receive about you.
Any third-party social networking site controls the information it collects from you. For information about how they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any third-party social networking site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect information about your use of our Services, whether you are using our Site or App through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. We combine this information with other information we collect about you.
This information can include your domain name, browser type and operating system, your IP address, the length and times of day you use our Services, the referring URL or webpage that led you to our Services.
Additionally, when you use our App, we may collect information on your mobile device ID, device name and model, operating system type, name and version; language information; and activities within the Services.
With your permission, we will collect location information from your mobile device to help us verify information you may have provided to us. You may turn off this feature through the location settings on your mobile device.
Security of Your Personal Information
Evident is built to protect your private information and to allow you to securely share your information with Relying Parties. We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. For example, we protect the personal information that you submit to us through encryption and access controls.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
How We Use Your Information
Evident uses your information, including personal information, for the following purposes:
· To allow you to share, at your discretion, your information with Relying Parties.
· To verify that the information you provided is accurate.
· To request, with your permission and in accordance with applicable laws, consumer reports.
· To send you text messages, with your consent, as part of our multifactor authentication protocols.
· To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
· To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services.
· For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
· To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How We Share Your Information
Evident may share your information, including personal information, in the below circumstances. When we share encrypted profile information, it remains encrypted until you permit decryption.
· Relying Parties. We will share the information that you direct us to share with a Relying Party.
· Third Party Data Sources. We share your information with third party data sources to verify the accuracy of information you provide to us and to request information about you.
· Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
· Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may provide your email address to a service provider that sends newsletters on our behalf.
· Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if a portion of or substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
· In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
Information Uploaded to the Services
Access to My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or App for a period of time.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities within our Services. We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience throughout our Services.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Services to, among other things, track the activities of visitors and users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Services’ usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Third Party Analytics
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third Party Ad Network section.
Third-Party Ad Networks
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Services or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Promotional Communications?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site and App. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site and App.